To access your voicemail:
Press the mail button on your phone or dial ” *98 ”
Dial your 3 digit extension number
Dial your password (default is ‘1234’)
Play New Msgs – 1
Play Saved Msgs – 2
Settings Menu – 5
Listening VM Menu:
Listen to msg – 1
Save msg – 2
Pause – 0
Rewind Msg – 4
Fast Forward – 6
Delete Msg – 7
Forward msg – 9
Record Greeting – 1
Choose Greeting – 2
Record Name – 3
Change Password – 6
Back to Main Menu – 0
To check voicemail locally:
1. Dial *98 or 4000, enter the mailbox, press #.
2. Enter password, press #.
3. Listen for automated system for further instructions to navigate while in the voicemail system.
To check voicemail remotely:
1. Dial into the IVR or automated system and dial *98 and wait to be prompted to enter your ID which is your extension/mailbox number.
2. Dial your 3 digit extension, press #.
3. Dial your password, press #.
4. Listen for automated system for further instructions to navigate while in the voicemail system.
You need to be on a call to use this feature. Using this feature will transfer a call directly to a user’s voicemail box. Once on a call:
1. Dial *4 and wait for new dial-tone.
2. Dial the extension of the voicemail box you would like to send the caller to.
This feature is useful to use either when you know someone doesn’t want to be disturbed or you know someone isn’t around to answer their phone. Of course after 4-5 rings the caller will end up in the mailbox anyway. *4 directs them to the voicemail box without any rings.