The primary phone that TM is tested with is the SPA 500 series and 300 series.
Other phones like Polycom, Grandstream and Yealink all work but are not used for the main testing. If a client wants to use another phone for any reason don’t resist or talk them out of it. It is important to remind the client that any phone they want to use will work just fine, although we recommend Cisco SPA series phones.
Have recently been trying the cordless DP720 from Grandstream which has been better for a cordless solution then using ATAs (analog telephone adapter) and analog phones. Although ATAs retain most system features, they miss a couple like the hands free intercom ability.
There are many ways to initiate and create conference rooms. The quickest way to initiate a conference room is to dial *3 while you are on a call.
To add more people to your conference room:
1. Press *3 to create a conference room for yourself and the current caller.
2. To add another caller to conference room, hang up on existing conference room and call someone else. While on call with the other person press *3 again and you and the new caller will join the previous caller in conference room created earlier.
3. To add more people repeat step 2. While you are adding callers to conference room the callers in the room will be able to talk.
Note: The conference room range of 3000 combined with the extension you’re using. For example if you are using extension 400 the conference room that will be created when you dial *3 is 3400.
A conference room can be created by any phone on the system by dialing 3000-3019. To create a conference room others on the system can join dial 3000, ‘Dial’/’Send’ button. The conference room will be created and you will hear a message that you are the only person in this conference. The user can use any conference room number in the range of 3000-3019.
Anyone else on the system can join by dialing the same conference room number. Also if there are outside callers who should have access to a conference room they can be transferred by the receptionist by using an office phone like the SPA-500 series.
Transfer with SPA series phone:
While on a call:
1. Press the ‘xfer’ soft-key that should show up on the far right of the display.
2. Dial a number to transfer to; that number can be internal or external.
3. Press the same ‘xfer’ button to complete the transfer.
You can perform step 3 before or after the person answers the call so you may give that person a warning who you are transferring to them. If the person you are transferring the call to doesn’t want the call you may press the red line button to return to that call.