You need to be on a call to use this feature. Once on a call:
1. Dial *1, then the conference room number (any number between 3000-3019)
2. Hang up
3. Local extensions can join the same room if needed or more outsides callers can be transferred to the same conference room.
Note: A blind transfer (*1) is used when you want to transfer a call to digits with more than 3 digits. Using Attended Transfer (*2) will not work because *2 is limited to 3 digit and conference rooms are 4 digits.
Unless you have a office phone like the Cisco SPA series phone there isn’t one button to turn on for DND (do not disturb). The short code to turn on and off DND is below:
To turn on:
1. Dial 9979 and press send/dial
To turn off:
1. Dial 9978 and press send/dial
If you are using a provisioned remote or mobile phone dial your main business phone number to get access the the phone system.
When you hear the dial tone dial 9979# to turn on DND
Repeat the same step but dial 9978# to turn off DND
There are many ways to initiate and create conference rooms. The quickest way to initiate a conference room is to dial *3 while you are on a call.
To add more people to your conference room:
1. Press *3 to create a conference room for yourself and the current caller.
2. To add another caller to conference room, hang up on existing conference room and call someone else. While on call with the other person press *3 again and you and the new caller will join the previous caller in conference room created earlier.
3. To add more people repeat step 2. While you are adding callers to conference room the callers in the room will be able to talk.
Note: The conference room range of 3000 combined with the extension you’re using. For example if you are using extension 400 the conference room that will be created when you dial *3 is 3400.
To call intercom someone within your organization and give them the ability to answer without having to pickup the phone.
1. Dial 8 + extension number [eg. 8400]
2. Press ‘Dial’/’Send’
Once you press ‘Dial’ the phone you called will be engaged and you can talk to the other person. The other person won’t have to touch the phone to talk back.
Sometimes the receiver of the intercom call will have to press ‘0’ to unmute their mic and talk back.
Note: This can only be done with a office phone set like the SPA series from Cisco or Yealink phone.
Every system has access to one conference room by default which can be dialed directly from an extension and any caller can be transferred to the default conference room. To create a conference room dial 3000, ‘Dial’/’Send’ button. You will join the conference room and you will hear an announcement that you are the only person in this conference.
Anyone else on the system can join by dialing the same conference room number. Also if there are outside callers who should have access to a conference room they can be transferred by the receptionist by using an office phone like the SPA-500 series.
If you require more rooms or would like to have different types of access just let us know and we will build it for you. It doesn’t cost anything extra.
Transfer with SPA series phone:
While on a call:
1. Press the ‘xfer’ soft-key that should show up on the far right of the display.
2. Dial a number to transfer to; that number can be internal or external.
3. Press the same ‘xfer’ button to complete the transfer.
You can perform step 3 before or after the person answers the call so you may give that person a warning who you are transferring to them. If the person you are transferring the call to doesn’t want the call you may press the red line button to return to that call.
Maintain a blacklist by adding and removing numbers to avoid annoying and unproductive calls. The blacklist purpose is to add numbers from callers who you would like to block from calling into your company.
Dial 5001 ‘dial/send’ and wait for the automated prompt to ask for the number to be added to the list.
Dial 5002 ‘dial/send’ to remove a number.
This will allow calls to be forwarded from the system phone to any other phone, inside or outside the system.
1. Dial *72, press ‘Dial’ and wait for automated prompt to dial the number you would like your phone forwarded to.
To remove call forwarding dial *73.
You can screen your own calls which will force the caller to leave their name or a quick message for you before you answer your phone.
1. Dial *60, press ‘Dial’ to turn Call Screening On
To turn off the Call Screening feature:
1. Dial *80, press ‘Dial’ to turn Call Screening Off
Use Call Pickup when you aren’t at the ringing phone you want to answer.
1. Hear the phone ringing that you want to answer
2. Dial 7 + extension number
Example: If extension 400 is ringing and the person wants to answer 400 without running over to pick up the handset press 7400 ‘Dial’ and you will intercept the call on the ringing phone from any other phone in the office.