You need to be on a call to use this feature. Once on a call:
1. Dial *1, then the conference room number (any number between 3000-3019)
2. Hang up
3. Local extensions can join the same room if needed or more outsides callers can be transferred to the same conference room.
Note: A blind transfer (*1) is used when you want to transfer a call to digits with more than 3 digits. Using Attended Transfer (*2) will not work because *2 is limited to 3 digit and conference rooms are 4 digits.
There are many ways to initiate and create conference rooms. The quickest way to initiate a conference room is to dial *3 while you are on a call.
To add more people to your conference room:
1. Press *3 to create a conference room for yourself and the current caller.
2. To add another caller to conference room, hang up on existing conference room and call someone else. While on call with the other person press *3 again and you and the new caller will join the previous caller in conference room created earlier.
3. To add more people repeat step 2. While you are adding callers to conference room the callers in the room will be able to talk.
Note: The conference room range of 3000 combined with the extension you’re using. For example if you are using extension 400 the conference room that will be created when you dial *3 is 3400.
A conference room can be created by any phone on the system by dialing 3000-3019. To create a conference room others on the system can join dial 3000, ‘Dial’/’Send’ button. The conference room will be created and you will hear a message that you are the only person in this conference. The user can use any conference room number in the range of 3000-3019.
Anyone else on the system can join by dialing the same conference room number. Also if there are outside callers who should have access to a conference room they can be transferred by the receptionist by using an office phone like the SPA-500 series.