TM Cisco SPA setup
Go from one tab to the next in the following order to setup SPA series phone.
- Press the Menu button and dial ‘9’ to see the IP address of the phone then go to computer and type the IP address of the phone into an Internet browser
- If you see the login for the phone where you will use the admin credentials. This is not a default setting for the phone so you should see the status page first thing.
- Once you see the status page you will need to look to the top right of the phones configuration page and click “Admin Login” and then click “advanced” to get access to all the configurable tabs for the phone.
3b. Click the System tab then add the following to the Primary NTP Server and Secondary NTP Server: 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org (can use 0.-3.)
- Click the SIP tab then scroll or ‘Find’ to the “RTP Packet Size” under the RTP Parameters section of the tab. Change the information to “0.020” it probably reads 0.030 by default.
- Optional: Click the Regional tab then scroll or ‘Find’ to the “Time Zone” and change that and depending on the firmware of the phone you will need to add the following line to the “Daylight Saving Time Rule”.
- Click the Phone tab to change the Station and Display name to whatever is interesting or relevant. The important part is to add the Voice Mail Number “*98” to the field. That is star, nine, eight.
- The most important part is adding the extension properly by clicking the Ext 1 tab. First thing to change is the SIP Transport under the SIP Settings section. The default is UDP which should be changed to “TCP” in the drop down menu.
- Staying in the Ext 1 tab you will need to scroll down to the Proxy and Registration section and change the following lines:
Proxy: [this is the server domain or IP address]
Register Expires: 100
- Staying in the Ext 1 tab you will need to scroll down to the Subscriber Information and change the following lines:
User ID: [this is the unique extension to every phone]
Password: [this is usually the same across an installation but doesn’t need to be]
- Optional: Staying in the Ext 1 tab you should change the dial plan in the Dial Plan field in the Dial Plan section. Copy the below line into the Dial Plan field: